08 May 2010

Walking tall


So I am a 6 footer and in this community, I am an outsider by physical appearance and ya I am talking about the growth of mine in the vertical axis. Everyone thinks being tall is a gift and I am in no place to oppose because it really is good to be tall, but let me clear the air about how life spans out for a tall person.

You get easily noticed in the entire crowd no matter how large it is and this insecure feeling creeps into your heart that everyone is watching you and suddenly you feel shy for absolutely no matter. No matter how good, how charming or how interesting you are, the first thing you will get noticed for, is your height.

Everyone will start judging you as if they know, this is what your height is capable and let me quote the repeated thing i endure right from my birth till even now, "when i say people i am into sports, they obviously guess its Basketball, come on.... cut me some slack. I dont even know the rules of Basketball for heaven's sakes. Like, Am not fit to play soccer or Rugby? (I don't know the rules of these games too...but still !!!) "

Then, coming to the girls you get to go out with, most of the girls ignore due to the fact that they have to stretch and stand on their toes to get kisses. So you can date girls like Sharapova, Deepika Padukone or Anushka or your dating life is over because I don't know if these girls are a easy catch ;)

Then the physical appearance is very critical. You are fleshy, then you will look like Undertaker and before you know, you will be in a Vijay starrer acting as a villian and the worst part is you get to hear the punch dialogues from Vijay, till the damn idiot gets it right. On the other hand if you skinny (like me), you will be given a couple of iron rods to hold and you will be the receiving antenna for your college :)

So, finally the thing is this....We are tall, we aint strange...Stop judging us...If this aint stopping you, then I just got two words for you...!!!!

You know what those words are ;) :P




2 comments:

ΛЯ√ΐÑÐ said...

well said my boy... am a factor in both axis of growth... :D

Shriram said...

ya ya :) couldn even imagine the remarks u get boss :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...