25 May 2010

Chapter 4 - Whatever Happened, Happened

"I had a perfect life Mic, and I would like you to move on and start a fresh one" were the last words from July and tears rolled down on Michael's cheeks as he was on the final moments on his travel to Vegas.  Then after 15 mins the plane had touched down and Michael was ready to get to his investigation right away. He had an appointment to meet Steve 2 hours from now. He went to his suite, had a shower and was ready to meet Steve.

2 hours later Michael was there. Robert, Sarah and Steve were ready for Michael. When he stepped in, the introductions were formal and Michael, not wasting any time started his questions right away. "What would you like to have, a beer may be?" asked Steve and Michael replied "Make it a Whisky and a cold one". "Are officers allowed to have drinks during interrogation" asked Sarah and Michael replied nonchalantly "Officers aren't, but I am" and took a sip of the thing he was offered and that was the last thing he knew before everything went black for him.

"It just a matter of time before Michael is dead" said Robert to the chief over the phone and he came back to the room where they had detained Michael. After 4 hours and 45 minutes, Michael slowly regained consciousness. "July 26" shouted a voice from the far east of the room. Micheal turned to see who it was and Robert was standing there. "What do you want and why have you tied me" screamed Mic.

"Payback is a bitch" said Robert and added, "remember the date? ". "As a matter of fact, I do..It was the day I last saw July alive" sobbed Mic. "July's death wasn't the only thing that happened that day, Mic..It is also the day, you killed my wife and framed me for it!!!". Hearing this Michael did not know what to say, for he had no idea what Robert was speaking about and before he could start talking again Robert had left the place.

"We kill him, bury him and leave the place forever" said Steve and the trio fled into the room where Michael was being kept and Robert got ready to pull the trigger and Michael said "I am not afraid to die, but don't think you have avenged the death of your wife because I did not kill her". "Stop talking, I know what you did" shouted Robert. Mic added "just give me 15 mins" and I will clear the air around us. Steve looked at this watch and said "Better make it quick".




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work machan;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...