14 January 2010

Pongal Kicks Off with Ayirathil Oruvan


So the day began with me returning to my home town for pongal by 4 in the morning. It was 9 in the morning when a school friend of mine called me up in the phone and asks if we can catch the much awaited Ayirathil Oruvan in the morning and I said hell ya.

The following is a very short review of the movie which is expected to take tamil cinema to the next level.

I am not here to say the stoy line but just what I thought of the movie. The movie is a typical Selvaragavan. He has tried to make a movie work without love being involved between a guy and a girl. The genre is adventure and I must say the movie has succeeded a fair bit in living upto the expectation. The main characters Karitk, Andrea, Reema Sen and Parthiban had done justice to their respective roles and when you get to see Parthiban's dance, sure makes you wonder why not give dance a try. Although some places in the movie remind us of the Hollywood Blockbusters 300, Troy, LOR, Mummy Returns we have to give credit to the director for such an attempt in a industry where name has a better value than talent.

Second half could have been made a bit smaller. Graphics could have been made better and the climax sequence makes us pray God to end the movie soon. There are some flaws in logic too.I am pointing the mistakes because Its a proven fact that the human mind first sees at the flaws at anything new and I am no diffrent. But everything aside the movie is a treat to watch and go catch it on big screens.

i would give it 8/10.

2 comments:

VICHU said...

Minus the last twenty mins and the shitty graphics, it was good..

and LOTR? u must be kidding me.. :D

Shriram said...

Some where some place, i was reminded of LOR..I swear :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...