24 June 2010

Shriram Narayan

Sriram, Sriram kumar, Srirama Chandramoorthi, Sriraaman are the familiar ones around but why Shriram Narayan dad, why why why..was what I was asking my father when I was studying 12th. I am the only one with this name in the whole of tamil nadu in my age(which I found when I was looking for my results over the internet). So my dad sat me down and explained the factors that influenced the choosing of this name. 

Sept 28 1989 19 00 hours

My mother went into labor. When she was on her way, she held my dad's hand and my dad felt as if she was going to say something romantic or important, but she said "Make sure I get a pista ice cream as soon as my belly goes bake to the size it should be" and my dad was "??!!!". Two feet away in stretcher, mom again yelled "Yo Mr Husband, listen I gotta an idea of naming our son Shriram, so you better don't get ideas of naming the baby yourself..get it..got it? good" and she was off. On hearing this Dad was reminded of an incident that took place 3 nights back.

Sept 25 1989 21 00 hours

My grandfather and father were in a conversation. "I wanna name my grandson Narayan" and before my dad could say anything "So its a deal then" and went off to bed, leaving dad "Dai yen paiyanuku naan per vaika koodatha??".

Present situation

So mom went in and "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee", a sound came out of the room into which my mom went. It seems the doctor saw herself in a mirror and got frightened. Then in 10 minutes, it was my mom's turn to scream and there was I, entering the world not knowing what the hell is going around(kind of like the same situation, I am in right now).

So the time had come to name me and my dad, not wanting to hurt the feelings of his wife and dad joined the names which were suggested and thus emerged "Shriram Narayan".

PS my parents were gonna name me Alamelu if I had been a girl baby...!!! Nalla Vela :D



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...