30 August 2010

Long and Strong

I spent my first year in the hostel and like all the hostellers, I have my stack of fond memories and my room mate Bharath Bhat is an integral part of it. I still remember him sitting in the cot with his dad for the first time. We had no problem as our interests were mainly coincidental.

Without a second thought, our room could be rated as the dirtiest in the hostel, yet we had fun. We spent the late nights discussing movies and nothing but movies. I would never stay back in the weekends and so the time we had together was very little. We spent most of the weekday evenings with both of us deeply occupied in the songs of our respective walkmans.

3 days back, we had a considerable time together after almost two years and we did not waste a second without discussing the movies again. It was really good and fun to catch with him. We never studied together and didn't care about others' mark and I guess it was one of the factors for a good time that we had.

Also, on the first year, our final years would drag us out to work for the next day function (if there is any), setting up the decorations. He was vital in helping me escape as I would roll on the other side and become invisible. The seniors, finding no one but him from the door will miss and the night will be spared.

His snacks from mysore were great and I would be hoping for him to return with packs whenever he return from the holidays. He was rather shocked at the first to know that I am moving out, but came around the situation eventually and has made many friends since then.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...